Thursday, May 31, 2012

Be Still My Heart

I have spent a lot of my life not being present or "in the moment".   I am not proud of this.  I am constantly planning something: my CPA exam study plan, wedding, Italy honeymoon {you get the picture}. Because I am by nature, a planner, I probably spend most of my time thinking about the future.  This is really tough to admit, but I don't think its the best way for me to spend my time. It's really hard too, because part of me thinks, this is just how I am and there is not a whole lot I can do to change it. But - I know deep down that is not true. 

I stumbled upon this quote on pinterest and it really struck a chord with me:

Via
I am definitely not getting any younger.  So, I am going to practice living in the moment more. I think some ways I can do this are: be more spontaneous, write gratitude lists, and  focus on my breath {yoga style}. I may have googled "ways to be present". Don't judge. I did find this really good blog entry. You're welcome.

1 comment: