Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Happy 1st Anniversary

The Great Wheel
As you may or may not know, Jake and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary on Sunday, August 5th.  We went camping/"glamping" at Lake Connor for the weekend and we just really enjoyed nature and the Lake. I will do a post on that later this week.

To celebrate our anniversary, Jake and I had dinner reservations at one of our favorite restaurants, Purple in downtown Seattle. We both tried some amazing new Italian wines and had our favorite appetizer, feta walnut spread with pita bread. I could have eaten that for my entire meal.  I ordered Maine Lobster baked mac and cheese {I have had this before and it was amazing, as usual} and Jake ordered Pan seared halibut with spring vegetables and arugula pistou.  For dessert, we shared a Peanut butter banana pie.Overall, a great dinner.

We got a window seat!
We had been wanting to try the Seattle Great Wheel {it opened right before we went on our Italy trip} for a while now.  It was scorching on Sunday, so we decided to wait until it got dark and went after dinner instead of before dinner as originally planned.  We also are both afraid of heights and Jake thought it would be less scary at night because you can't see everything -- I think I would agree.. but I still want to see what it looks like during the day.  The Great Wheel was pretty entertaining.  I enjoyed it!




1 comment:

  1. We sat in that same spot when we went to Purple for our anniversary in June! And of course I got the Mac and cheese too! :)

    ReplyDelete